Next distribution MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2ND in Goshen Hall from 10-12. See new procedure below.
- Distributions will be held on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month.
- All patrons and volunteers MUST wear a mask!
- All patrons should first report to the parking lot of Goshen Church on the corner of Federal St. and Mulberry St.
- Cars will line up in the church lot and proceed from there to Goshen Hall as directed by volunteers.
- At Goshen Hall ONE person per family will be allowed to enter the building to register.
- Food boxes will be collected by a volunteer and brought out to each family’s car.
Se habla español
Distribution will include USDA-issued pre-packaged boxes of emergency food.
Eligibility requirements :
- must present DE license/proof of residency
- must provide a verbal statement of family income.
Who we are
The Milton Community Food Pantry was established in 2014. It is comprised entirely of volunteers. Each week approximately 85 families are served, an average of 285 adults and children. Our goal is to provide 3 meals a day for 3 days to supplement a family's food budget. That is a total of more than 130,000 meals per year. We can't do it without your generous help.
We are a non-profit organization
We are a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization so all donations are tax deductible. We will gladly provide a letter for your taxes.
The MCFP depends entirely on donations. Please help us combat hunger in the Milton Area. Your donations do so much good in alleviating hunger in your neighborhood.
We are your community
Our donors include individuals, businesses, churches, local groups and farmers.
We run fund-raisers like our annual spaghetti dinner, our 'No Dirty Dishes for a Week' raffle, and other events like the Sock Hop, Car Wash or Yard Sales. In addition, we raffle off items generously donated by local businesses and individuals.
We are volunteers
Our hard-working volunteers stay busy all week. Collecting and distributing food for 285 people a week takes a lot of work and planning. Volunteers need to take inventory, schedule volunteers, stock shelves, and fill boxes and bags for distribution. We also need to search for bargains and coupons on a weekly basis to make sure your generous donations go as far as they can to feed those in need.
Additionally, our volunteers plan and staff fund-raisers, solicit contributions from local organizations, as well as transport and store all donations.
And we need your help
Every family that receives food does so through donations from businesses, churches, farmers, local groups and individuals. If you'd like to help, reach out and ask how you can.
Sundays from Noon until 2:30 pm we accept donations and Mondays from 10 am until Noon we accept donations and distribute.